JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery believes that investing in education is an investment in the future.
Teachers, we know you want to help your students reach their full potential, but don't always have the supplies you need to do so. From musical instruments and graphing calculators to STEM materials and innovative virtual field trips, no one understands what your students need better than you do.
We want to support you in helping your students to learn and thrive, so JUSTIN is offering grants of up to $2,000 to fund classroom supplies and virtual field trips.
JUSTIN School Grants support classrooms
at select schools in North San Luis Obispo
Please click here to check if your school is
Only full-time educators who spend at least
75% of their time with students may apply.
JUSTIN School Grants support supplies or
virtual field trips that directly impact
Please note that furniture (i.e., bookshelves,
wobble chairs, rugs), staffing or professional
development are not eligible.
JUSTIN School Grants will award a total of
$50,000 in classroom grants during the
2021–2022 school year.
Grants may be up to $2,000. Project costs
should not exceed $2,000, as we are
unable to partially fund projects.
Each teacher is only eligible for one grant,
so be sure to post your best idea!
How to Apply
JUSTIN School Grants uses DonorsChoose.org to receive, vet and fulfill grant requests.
For supplies, DonorsChoose.org has a huge list of vendors and items for you to choose from. If you are selected as a grant recipient, the items you chose will be purchased on your behalf and sent directly to your school.
For field virtual trips, you will be asked to upload a price quote for your trip. If you are selected as a grant recipient, DonorsChoose.org will help coordinate the logistics and directly pay expenses. Please note that the proposed date for your field trip must be at least two months from the date you post your project.
DonorsChoose.org makes requesting a grant as easy as 1, 2, 3 …
- Create an account here.
- Create a "standard" project and choose either supplies or class trip. Directions are here.
- In your project narrative, explain how your request will directly impact student learning.
You are done! If you teach at one of our eligible schools, your project will automatically be considered for JUSTIN School Grants. You do not have to take any extra steps or mention the JUSTIN program.
As a reminder, the Total Project Goal amount must be $2,000 or less to be eligible. This amount includes shipping, fees, and DonorsChoose.org's suggested donation.
Projects are reviewed on a weekly basis, while funds last—post your project quickly for a chance to get funded!
- Application Period: The 2021-2022 application cycle will be on a rolling basis and closes once we reach our target of $30,000 for the school year.
- Notification: You will be notified regarding our funding decision approximately three weeks after your project is posted.
- Payment: Supplies will be sent directly to your school approximately three weeks after your project has been funded. For virtual field trips, vendors will be paid in approximately four weeks after your project has been funded.